CMH / Schwartz Memorial Nursing Scholarships
Each year, students pursuing careers in registered nursing are the recipients of up to two scholarships awarded from the CMH / Schwartz Memorial Nursing Scholarship through the "Friends of CMH" Foundation. Scholarship applications are available on the hospital's website each May 1, and due on July 1. Scholarship awards are made each August in the amount of $750 for the fall semester.
To apply, complete and return this scholarship application.
To provide a scholarship for individuals to obtain a degree in registered nursing.
Guidelines for Selection
Two scholarships are awarded annually at the discretion of the Scholarship Selection Committee.
- One scholarship is awarded to an individual attending an accredited nursing school of choice
- One scholarship is awarded to an individual attending Allen College – School of Nursing.
Each scholarship awarded shall be considered final.
- Applicants must have a mailing address in one of the following communities: Sumner, Westgate, Hawkeye, Fredericksburg, Tripoli and Fayette
- Scholarships are awarded to individuals attending an accredited school of nursing offering a minimum of a two-year ADN program
- Applicants must be enrolled in and/or accepted as a student in a registered nursing program's fall semester
- Previous recipients and applicants of the CMH / Schwartz Nursing Scholarship are encouraged to apply
- Traditional and nontraditional students are encouraged to apply.
Failure to complete all parts of the application process as directed or false statement made in the application will lead to disqualification.
All information submitted with the application will be kept confidential.