Support for Managing Diabetes
Whether you're newly diagnosed with diabetes or wish to have an annual follow-up session to review nutrition and disease management, this program can meet your needs.
The Diabetes Education Program at at CMH Medical Clinic provides the expertise of a registered nurse with specialized training in diabetes management to provide optimal care and education to those who are managing the disease. The program cost is covered by many health insurance companies and Medicare when your doctor refers you to the program.
Education may occur in an individual or small group setting. The CMH Medical Clinic program is accredited by the American Diabetes Association.
- Adopting healthy eating habits, reading food labels and consistent carbohydrate counting
- Importance of physical activity in controlling blood sugar
- Various medications used to control diabetes
- Blood glucose monitoring/pattern control
- Hypoglycemia prevention and treatment
- Risk reduction measures/preventative care
- Insulin start/adjustment
Print a referral form to provide your doctor.